[ic] Raq4i and Interchange

Brian Kosick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 16:01:00 2001

I have setup IC on many raq3/4/XTR's It's really not all that hard.  the
main thing to remember is in httpd.conf, add a line to the site entry that
looks like this:
(The reason you have to do this is that you can still control the
operations of normal cgi's and .pl scripts through the admin interface
(Using CGIWrap) )

AddType   cgi-script   .ic

restart/reload the httpd server.

Install the interchange-4.8.x.rpm
Install the interchange-foundation-4.8.x.rpm
Do NOT install the foundation demo rpm.  The directories and paths are all
wrong for the raq's

You just have to create the initial demo manually, and since you installed
the foundation rpm all you have to do is /usr/lib/interchange/bin/makecat

Remember that when you create your foundation demo to name the cgi's with
the .ic convention that you specified in httpd.conf

For perl, specify a difference path for the install, and point interchange
to that location.