[ic] SQL performance

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 15:14:59 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 11:41:54AM -0800, Peter Jakl wrote:
> I've implemented fairly heavy use of [query sql='...'] tags. I find for
> each [query] I add, the page slows down by a significant amount. Can
> anyone confirm that a client/server connection is being established for
> each [query]? Or is interchange smart enough to have one connection
> while processing a page? I'm using mysql, btw.

DBI connections are cached, if the mysql server and Interchange are running
on the same machine, make sure you don't specify a hostname in your DSN,
so that it will use the faster unix sockets, rather than connecting by
tcp...

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect                      (703)786-8036 (cellular)