[ic] Running Interchange w/ a seperate secure server

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 17:15:01 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 03:28:08PM -0600, Jonathan Smith wrote:
> We've got a somewhat unusual configuration that I'm not sure
> interchange will support.  Our primary webserver is linux based,
> running Apache.  However our secure server is a Mac running MacOS
> (either 8.6 or 9.x) running WebTen (WebTen is based on Apache).
> The problem I'm having is setting up
> Interchange (running on our primary server) with the secure ordering
> pages being handled by WebTen.   Can I just move some of the scripts
> and pages to the WebTen server?  Is this going to be an impossible
> setup?  Due to circumstances beyond my control the secure server
> wasn't migrated to a Linux platform - it will probably be next fall
> before that happens.  Has anybody setup anything similar to this?  Is
> it possible?

The short answer is 'no', but both of these questions are covered in the
documentation...

http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icfaq03%2e09
    Can I run Interchange on the Macintosh or Windows?

http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icfaq04%2e01
    Shopping cart is dropped when using SSL.
    (deals with separate secure/non-secure web servers)

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect                      (703)786-8036 (cellular)