[ic] Running Interchange w/ a seperate secure server

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 20:57:31 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 06:58:57PM -0500, cfm@maine.com wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 05:00:59PM -0600, Jonathan Smith wrote:
> > What is tlink.pl?  I'm pretty sure WebTen supports Perl.
>
> In your src directory there are several scripts in perl
> and c.  They are used to connect on local machine or over
> the network.  I only mentioned the perl version because it's
> easier to troubleshoot than the c version.
>
> If you are only **pretty sure** WebTen supports perl, then you
> are probably over your head.

Having been a Mac programmer in a previous life I can safely say that just
getting perl running on a Mac is an exercise in frustration, once you do
figure out which port you need and get it installed it lacks some very
basic functions (the biggest problem for interchange is a really odd
implementation of the Socket module), and the fact that the last release of
MacPerl was in 1998 doesn't help much either...

The Mac is a fun platform, but I have to say that I am extremely glad I
outgrew it and moved on to unix, otherwise I'd probably be bald by now  =)

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect                      (703)786-8036 (cellular)