[ic] Running Interchange w/ a seperate secure server

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 21:00:01 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 05:38:31PM -0700, John Beima wrote:
> You can't run it on a Mac... You are wasting your time... The tlink file, like
> the vlink file is only the gateway to the Interchange daemon, which MUST be
> running on the SSL server in order for teh connection to actually be
> protected...

Actually, there are ways around this, in theory you could proxy from the
SSL server to an interchange machine somewhere else as long as you are very
careful about security (I'd suggest a second nic card in each machine,
connected together with a crossover cable)

> What shoudl of been told to you right off the bat, is Interchange is NOT a
> series of scripts... It is a full fledge server/daemon and it currently doesn't
> support any of the Mac OSes. It won't work... Sorry man...

It actually does run under OS X, but that isn't really MacOS anymore  =)

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect                      (703)786-8036 (cellular)