[ic] hardware recommendations

Fri Dec 14 23:06:01 2001

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 hhh@springboardgroup.com wrote:

>>I'm looking for any hardware recommendations that this group
>>may have for a RH Linux server, with Apache and Interchange.
>>Only 1 or 2 vhosts; no other services.

Buy the highest speed CPU that you can find. The faster the better.

Install the maximum amount of RAM that your new motherboard will support.
RAM is cheap. It's MUCH faster to swap in and out of RAM than to and from a
Hard drive.

>>Also are there any "formal" system requirements for Interchange.

The latest and greatest Perl.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, December 14, 2001 at 23:00 PM:
I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

This Linux System has been up 464 hours