[ic] Storing additional checkout fields in the database

Jonathan Melhuish interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Dec 15 13:02:00 2001

An easy question from a completely clueless newbie:-

I want to store the contents of a text box on the checkout in the database,
and subequently show it in the 'orders' section of the admin interface.

So far I have:

  >  Inserted <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=my_field SIZE=22> into the checkout
  >  Inserted my_field into transactions.txt
  >  Inserted my_field [value my_field] into log_transaction

The data entered into the box appears on the receipt if I add [value
my_field] to receipt.html and the field appears in the "Table edit" view in
the admin interface, but the data does not appear.  The data does appear if I
use the name of an existing field for the name of the text box.

I am using Interchange 4.8.1 (will upgrade soon) on Linux Mandrake and using
the built-in DBM database.  My store is an adapted version of the
'foundation' store.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

Jon