[ic] makecat fails to create usable catalog 4.8.3-1 noarch

Fred Pope interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Dec 15 14:48:01 2001

"I filed this bug report, and then I noticed that only 4 of forty odd
bugs
reported in the last 5 months have even been acknowledged...  :-("

- Perhaps it is not a bug, but rather just your configuration. I think
that you will find, that when you present a real situation to this list,
that the good ol' boys at RH come running to the cause. Mike Heins has
saved me once before. I also have a support contract with RH and I never
really use it, just thought I would sign up to help support the cause
since IC cost me nothing and the alternatives are expensive in both
price and config /setup time. Maybe you should pursue a support
contract. You can buy them for only a few hours at a time, and the guys
are really nice, and very professional.

"If someone can shed some light on this, or point to an area I might
concentrate my efforts, I would appreciate it....

Here is the situation/report:

Installed CPAN perl modules and Interchange on a Redhat 7.0 system that
currently has Apache (not stronghold) and a working SSL.

Used these rpms:
/usr/src/apps/interchange-4.8.3-1.noarch.rpm
/usr/src/apps/interchange-foundation-4.8.3-1.noarch.rpm
/usr/src/apps/interchange-doc-4.8.3-1.noarch.rpm
/usr/src/apps/interchange-foundation-demo-4.8.3-1.i386.rpm

I am able to access the foundation demo, both customer and admin
interfaces."

Hmmm....I personally like installing from the tarball better. Just a way
that has worked for me. May want to tear the system down and reinstall
it from the tarball, but the RPM should work.

"When I run /usr/lib/interchange/bin/makecat, and take the default for
all of
the options, it appears to create the catalog OK.  Restarting
interchange
with /etc/init.d/interchange restart gives positive OK results.  I can
access
the intial index.html page for the new store, but clicking on either the

customer entrance link or the admin interface link results in a "404 -
file not
found error" "

Check your variables.txt file. ....delete the variables.gdbm, and
restart the deamon. You have something messed up in the path. You should
check where the URL is pointing.

"Please specify the MailOrderTo
directive in the configuration file ''"

Sounds like this is not being configured correctly. This is a good place
to start digging.

Fred Pope
Satcom Resources.
http://www.satcomresources.com