[ic] Storing additional checkout fields in the database

Sat Dec 15 18:48:00 2001

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

JM>>An easy question from a completely clueless newbie:-
JM>>
JM>>I want to store the contents of a text box on the checkout in the database,
JM>>and subequently show it in the 'orders' section of the admin interface.
JM>>
JM>>So far I have:
JM>>
JM>>  >  Inserted <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=my_field SIZE=22> into the checkout
JM>>  >  Inserted my_field into transactions.txt
JM>>  >  Inserted my_field [value my_field] into log_transaction
JM>>
JM>>The data entered into the box appears on the receipt if I add [value
JM>>my_field] to receipt.html and the field appears in the "Table edit" view in
JM>>the admin interface, but the data does not appear.  The data does appear if I
JM>>use the name of an existing field for the name of the text box.

In checkout.html, there are quite a few elements that are being gathered
from the customer and are getting written to the database. Just follow those
examples. Make sure that you have added a similar column in the appropriate
database.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 18:40 PM:
Puns are bad, but poetry is verse.

This Linux System has been up 483 hours