[ic] Need help with ic tags, creating dynamic javascript menus

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 16 20:07:01 2001

Fred Pope wrote:

Fred, Thanks for the quick reply...

> "I'm attempting to modify the foundation catalog, specificaly the
> "category_vertical" component to display menus containing product
> categories when you click on the product area."
>
> Have you looked into the tree tag? It is being used here:
> http://www.fixturefactor.com.

I'm looking at the site, and it's very similar to what I'm
trying to accomplish, but I don't think I'll need n-level
menu's.  My boss will probably ask for it later though. :)

> I have not looked into it much myself, but it has been talked about on
> the list quite a bit. May save you some time, although I am not sure if
> this is what you are trying to accomplish. Perhaps an example of your
> code working somewhere would be helpful so we could see what you are
> trying to accomplish.

Well, you can see what I've got so far at:
http://www.asi-computers.com/cgi-bin/asistore

Be warned:  it ONLY works (and partialy at that) in Netscape.  IE
chokes on my code.

I'm researching the [tree] tag right now.

> - Fred =)
> http://www.satcomresources.com

Thanks again, Fred.

--J(K)