[ic] Shippign worldwide

Sun Dec 16 21:07:01 2001

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Steve Thomas wrote:

ST>>When I first started everyone told me shipping worldwide is to much of a
ST>>hassle. I've turned down to many customers cause I don't ship worldwide. I
ST>>want to offer this but I have no idea how to go about it. I've heard you
ST>>need to bring things to customs and stuff. I heard you just ship it like a
ST>>regular package. Please shed some light on this. I'm losing alot of busienss
ST>>cause this. I'd like to offer it with the best prices also. Thanks alot.

International shipping is a hassle.

However, if you use the UPS software, or the FedEx web page for shipping it
is a bit easier, although still complicated, and expensive.

We recently shipped an order to Canada that contained a plastic bottle that
we sold for $14.95. On Friday we got a bill from FedEx for $9.37 on this
bottle for Canadian customs and duty.

When you are shipping make sure that you click the right options to make the
receiver pay all of those taxes.

I have had to double the formulas in the stock shipping.asc in 4.6.3 a
couple of times in order to get the costs closer to what FedEx is billing
me.

I thought that NAFTA was supposed to make moving stuff across the border
between the USA and Canada easy. It's done nothing. I can not begin to
fathom why pusing stuff across that border costs so much.

You can do it, but you are still going to lose business because the shipping
companies are going to gouge you.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 20:45 PM:
Ultimate office automation: networked coffee.

This Linux System has been up 509 hours