[ic] make "dealer" with form

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 17:20:01 2001

I am trying to have a person be set as a dealer in userdb. When people "sign
up" they use the account.html page that accesses the userdb values I want
everybody that "signs up" with this form to be set as a "dealer".

To give you an idea of what I need to accomplish:

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=dealer VALUE=yes>

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=dealer VALUE=1>

I have tried a dozen others, however they seem embarrasing to post :). I
have tried adjusting different settings in the ADMIN for dealer also but no
combination seems to work. I have searched the post archive but came up
empty handed, probably because I think most people select a dealer manually
in ADMIN. We have an odd pricing structure, that needs to assume that if
someone is logged in, that they are in fact a dealer.  I may need to insert
a value in price_level also. Am I missing something? I am a newbie, yes, but
it seems that if I can control the other fields, I should be able to control
"dealer", no?

IC 4.8.1  Apache

Thanks all.