[ic] cp order.html ../store

Mon Dec 17 17:56:01 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 hhh@springboardgroup.com wrote:

>>I've received quite a bit of help so far, and I appreciate everyone
>>who has taken the time to respond.  I have one more question about
>>order forms.  The order form inside the administrative tool is _exactly_
>>what we need as part of our store.  Any thoughts on how to set this up?

In my experience, checkout.html can be changed rather easily. It does
require some knowledge of HTML to do it, and it does require a bit of
'crawling inside Mike's head' to make it work.

Make a back-up copy of to stash away somewhere and then start experimenting
and trying things. If you screw up too badly, you can always bring in the
back up and start over.

Through such experimentation I was able to add 4 fields of demographic
information that gets saved to the userdb file. I was able to allow them to
plug in a Coupon Code for discounts. (I've not done anything toward making
it re-calculate. That comes at the cash register.)

Through such experimentation I've learned how easy it is to store credit
card information in the users file and to bring it up for them on their next
visit. NOTE that I said that I have learned how easy it is. I've not done
it, I won't do it, nor will I tell anyone else how to do it.

The first Murphy's Law that I ever learned was from a college Physics prof:
"If in doubt, try it out." Make frequent back ups and get in there and
explore.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, December 17, 2001 at 17:50 PM:
Any wire cut to length will be too short.

This Linux System has been up 530 hours