[ic] Help with IC setup

Tom Carroll interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 15:54:01 2001

I posted this message yesterday, but the person who was giving me pointers
was at a loss of what to do further.  I do appreciate his help.

I'm running Mitel's SME version 5.  Many people know this as E-Smith Server
and Gateway (ESSG).  It's a secure server/gateway/firewall.  SME/ESSG is
built on RedHat Linux.  The last version of ESSG was based on the Redhat 7.0
kernel.  SME 5 is based on the RedHat 7.1 kernel.

I'm trying to install the Interchange 4.8.3 RPM package on my SME server.
Everything appeared to have installed fine.  I pulled down and installed all
the available CPAN modules from the ic web site.

I was able to run makecat and configure a catalog named "store".  I could
bring up the web page that had the two links for customer or admin.  Neither
worked.  I would get the "We're sorry" screen.

I chown and chgrp -R the /usr/lib/interchange, /var/lib/interchange, and
/var/log/interchange directories to "interch".  I also ran a chmod -R 770 on
those three directories.

I have tried to configure with and without the CGIWRAP/SUEXEC option.  If I
answer no to that question I get the "We're sorry" screen.  If I tell it I
use CGIWRAP/SUEXEC it will not complete the makecat program.  There is some
error near the end that dumps the makecat script.  It gives me the error
"chmod sampledata.xls: No such file or directory."  I don't understand since
the file does exist and the permissions are correct.  I've looked through
the faq, getting started guide and also search the forums.  Have I
completely missed something?

Oh, and all the web pages and virtual sites are kept under the
home/e-smith/files/primary (for main server site) and
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/ for any additional/virtual sites.  Each of those
directories have three sub directories called /cgi-bin/, /files/, and
/html/.  I'm trying to put the store under a virtual site in the
/home/e-smith/files//ibays/dataware/ directory.

I sure hope this is not too confusing.  I don't know of any other way to
explain this.

Here's a copy of the message I posted yesterday, just in case:

I believe this is what my interchange is set up as:

/usr/lib/interchange <--- core install directory
/var/lib/interchange <--- location of catalogs, stores and support files

/home/e-smith/files/ibays/dataware/cgi-bin <--- location of my store file
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/dataware/html/store <--- location of html files
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/dataware/html/store/images <--- location of image
files

I'm telling makecat:

Catalog name:                                     store
Server name:                                       www.datawarecomp.com
(this is a virtual domain/ibay on my SME server)
DemoType:                                         foundation
permtype:                                            M
InterchangeUser:                                  interch
CatUser:                                              interch
InterchangeGroup:                               <blank>
MailOrderTo:                                       orders@datawarecomp.com
CatRoot:
/var/lib/interchange/store
CgiDir:
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/dataware/cgi-bin
CgiUrl:                                                 /cgi-bin/store
Aliases:                                                /store
DocumentRoot:
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/dataware/html
SampleHtml:
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/dataware/html/store
ImageDir:
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/dataware/html/store/images
ImageUrl:                                             /store/images
INET or UNIX mode:                           UNIX
Do you use CGIWRAP or SUEXEC:    Y

At this point it checks and/or creates the directories and copies the demo
files.

Your company name:                            Dataware Computers
Sample data type:                                  tools
Set to 1 if you want MySQL...:              <blank>
Account name:                                      interch
Administrative password:                      pass
Set to 1 to display demo helper:            1

At this point it finds some system commands to run.

It moves a link to /home/e-smith/files/ibays/dataware/cgi-bin/store

It tells me the standard warning about selecting SUEXEC/CGIWrap option and
being root.  However it does correctly select 5013/5013 which is the interch
user and group.

This is where the error "chown sampledata.xls: No such file or directory"

Thanks for any help!

Tom