[ic] upgrading interchange & foundation files...

sphen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 09:39:01 2001

on 12/19/01 6:14 AM, Steffen Dettmer at steffen@dett.de wrote:

> * sphen wrote on Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 20:35 -0500:
>> this is a pretty straight forward question and wondering if anyone knew an
>> answer.
>>
>> my store is based on the foundation template but we have made some changes
>> to a few files in it.
>
> Did you made a copy or cvs checkin before? Then I would recommend
> that you make a patch by diff -Nur or so and patch it into the
> new tree. Or you can make a diff over the foundation, i.e. with
> CVS from the development Repository and patch this into your
> tree.
>
>> the base directory (/usr/local/interchange in my case).  Is there a way to
>> find out what files in the foundation directory actually contain changes
>> from the last version?
>
> With CVS, you need the release Tags of the releases you are
> useing, then try
> cvs diff -u -r old_release new_release > old_new.patch
>
> but on conflicts, this will fail, so a local Repository with your
> store may be more easy, depends on your changes, since CVS marks
> the conflicts in the sources.
>
>> are these files that have been updated?  if so whats the deal with the
>> "//.~."?!
>
> Maybe this are just some backup files?
>
> oki,
>
> Steffen

interesting.  i havent been using cvs, only the tar packages.  but this is a
pretty good idea and would work as far as im concerned.  guess ill use cvs
now and make a copy so when the next release comes out i can make a patch
for it.  thanks!

sphen