[ic] Help with IC setup

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 11:50:00 2001

> > It *is* allowed, but qouting the whole old very very long
> email is not
> > good or qouting the old emails and writing the own message
> at the top of
> > the old email is not good too.
>
> Sounds good.  I'll keep that in mind for future posts.
>
> Does this list require the response to be at the beginning,
> end or mixed
> within the message?
>
> Tom Carroll

<interchange-users guidelines>
-- Contextual quoting is preferred, i.e.

		Quoting user1 (<user1@somedomain.redhat.com>):
		> Some limited text that will give context.

		Your reply.

    versus

		Your reply, lazily put at the top.

		Quoting user1 (<user1@somedomain.redhat.com>):
		> The whole big blob of the previous posts, including
		> signatures and all

	In fact, the author of the program stops following a thread
	the moment this lazy quoting method is used. He figures that
	if you can't take half a minute of your time to save multiple
	minutes of the readers time, the heck with ya.
</interchange-users guidelines>

While I think replying at the beginning is clearly unfavored, I replies
mixed within the message should be fine (since they are really just
multiple replies each at the end of a quoted block).

HAND,

Dan Browning
Kavod Technologies