[ic] affiliate tracking & foundation

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 03:36:01 2001

> Have been working with a new installation based upon the foundation demo...
> Have it 100% with one notable exception....  Affiliate Tracking.
>
> It is a generic foundation template with only html changes (colors, etc.)
>
> Have affiliates in the database...
>
> The goal is to:
>
> 1) Have http://www.whatever.com/store.cgi?mv_pc=10301  style URL's.
> 2) Track All order by affiliate # No timeouts, No coupons.
> 3) Have affiliate # show up in PGP emailed orders.
>
> Has anyone done this with foundation?  Have a simple set of what to edit and
> where?  I'm a decent enough code jockey if I know what I'm looking for and
> where.

You said you are using the Foundation demo, so this should all
be built in.  The order email sent to you will have what's
referred to by default as a "Lead Source".  This is your mv_pc
(affiliate ID) number.  This ID will also be saved in the
transactions table in the "affiliate" column.

You can use the [data session source] tag if you want to use this
ID elsewhere.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin@cursor.uk.com