[ic] Kevin Walsh, Thanks, another question??

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 04:06:01 2001

> I took your advice and set the dealer value like you said in
> new_account.html instead of account.html. It works great. I need to do the
> same for the price_level, I would like to set that as dealer too. I tried
> [set price_level]dealer[/set] but it did not work. Where can I find a list
> of what variables the scratch has available? If I new what was in the
> scratch, maybe I could set it myself.

The "price_level" is a userdb scratch, just as "dealer" is, so
you should be able to set it in the same way.  Have you checked
the userdb to see what values are being saved in there?  No use
of this value is made in the current Foundation demo, so you
shouldn't expect to see any visible signs of the scratch being
set, unless you modify the HTML, or look in the userdb table.

Columns from the userdb table are read into values when a user
logs in, and are saved when a [userdb save] call is made.
The exception to this are values marked as "scratch" which use
scratch space instead of values.  To define a userdb column
as scratch, you need to edit catalog.cfg.  The default
setting looks like this:

    UserDB default scratch "dealer price_level credit_limit"

Hope this helps.

> Thanks Kevin, I spent 12 hours tring to input that inside the form.
> You sure saved lot's of hair pulling!

Glad to help - there's enough scratching and hair pulling in here
at the moment. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin@cursor.uk.com