[ic] memory usage

Peter Jakl interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 10:35:01 2001

>> In analyzing some speed problems, redhat linux indicates that the
>> interchange process itself is using 204mb of memory. We have a catalog
>> of over 100,000 items. Is this typical? Could some of the speed issues
>> we have be attributed to having a system with 512mb of total memory and
>> each interchange instance requiring 204mb (granted that a good chunk
>> appears to be shared)?
>>
>Are you sure that's 204MB and not 20.4MB?  The memory usage you are
>seeing would not be typical.  How are you measuring that amount?

I run the "top" utility in redhat and the memory clearly indicates 204M
where the next largest process has a value such as 12500 for something like
mysqld. I'm assuming values are in units of 'K' so mysqld is using 12.5mb
with interchange at 204mb. I'd like to see what other people have as a
value. I do have 150,000 items in the products table. Is interchange caching
data?

Peter