[ic] item-field and interpolate

Bob Ramstad interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 16:51:01 2001

   On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Bob Ramstad wrote:

   > flypage.html has the following line:
   >
   > [item-field comment]
   >
   > which displays the value of comment for the current item.
   >
   > For various reasons, I would like to include ITL tags in the comment.
   > (To be specific, I want to imbed imagemaps into the comment to add
   > some additional navigation.)

   Jon Jensen wrote:

   Sounds like you want reparse, not interpolate. (Though there's some
   overlap in those definitions.)

   Try:

   [strip reparse=1][item-field comment][/strip]

I tried this, with no luck.  Upon further examination, I discovered
that somehow the left bracket is getting changed to [ presumably
making it so that Interchange doesn't see the right value.  Odd.  When
I do a manual select out of the database using mysql from the command
line, it appears the same.

e.g. in comment for this particular item, I have:

<MAP NAME="ccnavmap">
<AREA SHAPE="rect" COORDS="0,0,91,14"
  HREF="\[area samplers\]" ALT="Samplers">
<AREA SHAPE="rect" COORDS="93,0,184,14"
  HREF="[area spaceage]" ALT="Space Age">

This appears this way in both the admin UI and when using mysql from
the command line.

Both

[item-field comment]

AND

[strip reparse=1][item-field comment][/strip]

in flypage.html produce the same output:

<MAP NAME="ccnavmap">
<AREA SHAPE="rect" COORDS="0,0,91,14"
  HREF="\&#91;area samplers\]" ALT="Samplers">
<AREA SHAPE="rect" COORDS="93,0,184,14"
  HREF="&#91;area spaceage]" ALT="Space Age">

Note that "escaping" the left bracket doesn't help.  (For those
keeping score at home, writing it as HREF=[area samplers] with no
double quote doesn't work, either.)  I looked at the source in both
Netscape 4.78 and IE 5.5 SP2.

-- Bob