[ic] Is it a bug

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 05:37:01 2001

> This problem seems to be able to be duplicated in the foundation
> sample.
>
> If you go to the above site and select any menu item on the left
> side bar then
>
> 1 .Click on any text name of an item in the middle
>
> 2 .From the selected item .... use the tool bar back button to go
> back one page.
>
> 3. Then place a number in any OTHER item click the Buy Now Key.
>
> The graphic being displayed is the one that was selected in step 1,
> not the graphic asscoiated with what was selected in step 3.
>
> We are assuming that the page is not being refreshed when the
> back button is used to return to the previous page.  How can we
> refresh the page when we use the back button to return to the

Interchange keeps a historical list of the last few pages your
session has visited.  When you clicked on the 'buy' button in step 3,
the results.html page will have done a history scan and bounced you
to the last page it knows you visited.  Interchange expects this to
be the results page, but it is the flypage, because of your use of
the 'back' button and your browser's cache.

To change this, you could modify the [history-scan] tag in the
results.html page to exclude the flypage.  To try this, edit your
results.html and change this:

    [bounce href="[history-scan exclude=nothing]"]

on or around line 87, to something like this:

    [bounce href="[history-scan exclude='^/nothing|^/flypage']"]

Of course, this will only catch users who 'back button' from the
flypage.  A better solution would be to specifically look for the
results page and bounce there, like this:

    [bounce href="[history-scan find='^/scan|^/search' default=index]"]

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin@cursor.uk.com