[ic] FORUM - instead of Mailing List

Jonathan Melhuish interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 25 17:53:00 2001

On Tuesday 25 December 2001 00:36, you wrote:

> If it is hard for you to follow threads, then maybe you need a better mail
> client.  Feel free to create a web based forum if you like, but like many
> people I find them far more annoying and far less useful than email, so you
> won't be seeing me there...

True, KMail does a fine job of threading mailing list discussions, and I find
it quite easy to follow.  I also send all my mailing lists to a separate
email address, so that I can download them separately.

I do agree, though, that the web-based archives are a bit crap.  Whilst they
hold a wealth of knowledge, I find them quite difficult to navigate and find
the search facilities lacking.

Perhaps a decent web interface to the email list would provide the best of
both worlds?

Jon