[ic] FORUM - instead of Mailing List

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Dec 26 13:15:00 2001

ako pia wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I vote that we create a User's Forum, rather than continuing to use the mailing list.

I'm against this.  With all of the other lists that I participate in,
those that are news or forum related simply take too much time to handle
and I do not want to have to rely on outside services (forums or news
feeds) to particiate daily.  I receive roughly 3000 messages per week,
most do to the numerous lists I participate in, and I have worked out
filters and other tools that keep this volume of traffic organized so
that I can read what I need, respond to what I must, and easily discard
the rest.

Anyway, that is my two cents, keep the Interchange system 'as-is.'  What
may help is improving the archive system as well as the accuracy of the
searching system and the ability to reduce filter searches...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028