[ic] FORUM - instead of Mailing List

Boyd Lynn Gerber interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Dec 26 13:53:01 2001

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
> I'm against this.  With all of the other lists that I participate in,
> those that are news or forum related simply take too much time to handle
> and I do not want to have to rely on outside services (forums or news
> feeds) to particiate daily.  I receive roughly 3000 messages per week,
> most do to the numerous lists I participate in, and I have worked out
> filters and other tools that keep this volume of traffic organized so
> that I can read what I need, respond to what I must, and easily discard
> the rest.
>
> Anyway, that is my two cents, keep the Interchange system 'as-is.'  What
> may help is improving the archive system as well as the accuracy of the
> searching system and the ability to reduce filter searches...

I agree totally with this!  I too get a lot of email and I have all my
newsgroups fed to me via a email/newsfeed gateway.  Email is the only way.
With all the tools available it is far easier to sort thing where you want
them and to dump the rest!

Lets keep it the way it is.  Google and seach the archive very well.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
ZENEZ	3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044