[ic] Splitting products database into several databases

Mike Stallion interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 27 01:46:00 2001

Hi all, I am beginning to import a large database
of products into my relatively empty products.txt
file.

I wanted to know when, if ever, one would want to
split this table up into several. I have an
Interchange implementation that will end up like a
mall.

Some of my parameters:

1. Multiple product categories with different flypages
for each.
2. Shop owners in the mall will want to edit their
own databases (I heard the owner_field will solve this
if I use one product database)
3. This thing is going to be BIG with LOTS of
Matrix options for each product category.

Anyone done similiar builds? I'd appreciate
any help or comments...

Top 'o' the season to ya.

Mike.