[ic] Darn 'o_value' in options table

Thu Dec 27 08:47:01 2001

I am importing an existing database into the IC
GDB format for use as a catalog. I am not crazy
about the Interchanges option value format, specifically
the o_value within the options table.

What IC requires for Sizes for example (for either select or radio):

small=Small,/rmedium=Medium,/rlarge=Large

What I actually have in a 10,000+ database is this in that field:

Small,Medium,Large

Does anyone know of a good Perl script to parse this?
OR even a good workaround using IC tags within my
flypages?

I'm thinking this has HAD to happen to someone else
while porting over from another system - so I checked the
archives & manuals but still, no dice.

I might even pay the person who gets me out of this
one - though I don't know to prove which of the replies
worked best, and quickest for me. Oh well, the old
honour system always works.

Vince Alexander
Guru Internet Communications
416-698-9633