[ic] GPG how-to for hosted servers

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 28 06:37:01 2001

> (Vast amounts of lazy-quoted follow-ups removed)
>
> Okay, I lied... It didn't all work.  I recieved the order, and yes, it was
> encrypted.  The problem is, I need the credit card number so it can be
> manually entered into the credit card terminal.  The order that I recieved
> contained the following information:
>
>   Payment Method: Credit Card (visa)
>
>   Account Number: 41**1111      Expiration: 10/02
>
> I don't know where to start looking from here, do you guys have any
> suggestions?  I'm finally starting to understand some of this, but this one
> has me stumped.

I normally ignore threads where people have lost their email manual and
resort to posting responses above the article they are responding to,
but this thread seems to have gone on long enough.

The Foundation demo's default etc/report file has a block of code that
looks like this:

    [if value mv_credit_card_info]
    [tag    op=mime
                    interpolate=1
                    type=application/pgp-encrypted
                    description="CreditCard_[value mv_order_number]"]
    [value mv_credit_card_info]
    [/tag]
    [/if]

As your encrypted block has 'Account Number' and 'Expiration' text
in it, I assume you have modified your block to look something like
this:

    [if value mv_credit_card_info]
    [tag    op=mime
                    interpolate=1
                    type=application/pgp-encrypted
                    description="CreditCard_[value mv_order_number]"]
    Account Number: [value mv_credit_card_reference]
    Expiration: [value mv_credit_card_exp_month]/[value
mv_credit_card_exp_year]
    [/tag]
    [/if]

Basically, I assume you are using [value mv_credit_card_reference]
instead of [value mv_credit_card_info] or [value mv_credit_card_number]
in your pgp/gnupg encrypted block.

mv_credit_card_reference is a card number reference that will look
like 41**1111, whereas mv_credit_card_info holds the full card number
and the expiry date.

Check your etc/report file for this.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin@cursor.uk.com