[ic] More problems with Spreadsheet Export

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 28 16:39:00 2001

cfm@maine.com wrote:
> > > =item * Move to Excel97/2000 format as standard. This will allow
> > > strings greater than 255 characters and hope fully Unicode. The
> > > Excel 5 format will be optional. This will be in the next major
> > > release of the module. All other features are on hold.
> > >
> > > This is limit it package Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Worksheet.pm:
> > >     my $rowmax                  = 65536; # cfm change from 16384 in Excel 5
> >
> > I'm unsure! Are you talking about
> >
> > p5-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2403 Get information from Excel file
>
> Sorry, I don't know what 'p5-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2403' is, probably.

See

http://www.samag.com/documents/s=1131/sam0504013/

and for example another articel about writing Excel file with perl in

http://www.samag.com/documents/s=1272/sam05030004/

I use the ParseExcel Modul from CPAN!

> Check for the module itself to be sure.

I did do that and I've not found any hint about the length of any excel
fields. But, I'm not well in perl.
Which module with restrict length of excel fields did you talking about
or which module is IC using for reading a excel file?

Thanks!

ciao

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]