[ic] Can't get permissions

John D. Gorena interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 28 16:59:00 2001

When I try to do simple things like change the Tax rate (in Administration - Tax
Rate), it does not go through.  In the error log, I see lines like:
Attempt to set variable::Variable::TAXSHIPPING in read-only table
Attempt to set variable::Variable::TAXRATE in read-only table
Attempt to set variable::Variable::TAXAREA in read-only table

I see that this information is in the catalog directory under
/products/variable.txt.   I even manually changed the data to see if it would
display the information in the admin area and it does . .   It does not change from
the Administration - Tax Rate interface.

How do we get permissions?

--
John