[ic] FORUM - instead of Mailing List

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 28 18:16:01 2001

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 06:01:17PM -0500, AddAction New Media wrote:
> What if the forum sends out an e-mail digest of the posts once a day of the
> Thread you have subscribed to?
>
> Would that not serve the crowd?

No, if I wanted a digest I would have subscribed to the digest version of
the mailing list.  The mailing list the way it is now serves the crowd, the
forum serves to confuse the crowd, by claiming to be 'Interchange Support'
without any indication that it is unofficial, or telling visitors where to
find official support.

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect                      (703)786-8036 (cellular)