[ic] Install HELP!!!!!!!!

Rene Hertell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Dec 29 05:19:01 2001

> I have telneted the file up and untared it according to directions. I run
> configure and all is well until I enter a path to install interchange to
> then I get this "Can't install in software source directory" No
> matter what
> path I try to install to. Anyone have any ideas why I am getting
> this error?

First. Do you install as Root? If yes, then you have to enter the complete
path where you want to install IC (e.g. /usr/local/interchnage). If you
install as a normal user on your ISP:s server, then you should install it
into your own accounts homedir (e.g. /home/your_usrid/interchange). Type pwd
to check where your account lives :)

Rene

ps. It is difficult to answer to this kind of questions, when you don't give
more specific information about your situatin (are you root, Linux distro
etc.)