[ic] Re: FORUM - instead of Mailing List

ako pia interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Dec 29 06:26:00 2001

LOTS-O-EMAIL
With the Forum, you wouldn't have ANY email. Plus, the forum is much more organized.

TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
The technical questions I think should really be posted at the forum. It's so much easier to find the replies and follow the lines of reasoning. Plus, the answers can be added to a knowledge base or FAQ really easily and searched very quickly.

ORGANIZATION
The bottom line is that once you've tried a good forum system, everything else pales by comparison. It's the level of organization that is the key. Everything all at one location in an orderly manner. There's just no substitute that I am aware of.

I certainly am not trying to step on anybody's toes, but the forum scripts are so good these days that you'll really like them once you try them. The old types of forums (which are still used by some folks) are almost as frustrating as mailing lists, but go over to Interchangeville.com, register, and then throw in a question or two, or respond to some, and you'll start to get used to it. It's great.

Also, the fact that Anton and his folks are building a KB is super news. Imagine, all kinds of good stuff in a single location, all nicely organized, edited, etc. If this gets put together right, it's gonna be great!

THANKS, AGAIN, ANTON !!