[ic] FORUM - instead of Mailing List

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Dec 29 17:06:55 2001

AddAction New Media wrote:

>What if the forum sends out an e-mail digest of the posts once a day of the
>Thread you have subscribed to?
>
>Would that not serve the crowd?

Not for me, I do not use digests for the simple reason that it makes it
very hard to manage the messages received.

I've been on this list for three years and I have never found a problem
with the function of the list, categorizing of messages received from
this list, or searching of my saved messages.  If there is any one thing
that does need improvement, it is the searching capabilities of past
postings that I have not saved and therefore must resort back to RH for
a quick lookup.

I find it a bit ironic that the new names on this list appear to be
those supporting the forum concept whereas the long term veterans are
standing firm on the existing mailing list...

My two cents?  Let this rest and if Mike and crew at RH feel there is
merit once everyone returns from the NY break, well then perhaps another
temporary list can be setup for discussion but for right now, this type
of discussion really doesn't belong here...

Barry