[ic] Editor

John Foster interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 30 10:18:04 2001

David J Harmon wrote:

> I'm still new to IC and I would like to know what Editor most of you people
> are using. I'm using FrontPage 2002 right now, it works but I'm looking for
> something better, that will work with IC.
I use IBM's WebSphere Studio Home Page Builder. There are versions for
Linux, Windows and AIX. It is very useful to do the design & layout work
and is superb as a site manager. It does NOT use any of the specialized
files that FrontPage requires in order to manage the site. It also
allows the use of templates and CSS style sheets which are extremely
useful when doing large sites. I also use several other editors that
allow specialized tags to insert the ITL code. My first choice is
CoolEdit for this. These are all available for most Linux distros, I use
Debian on my servers and RedHat for my clients who are less
adventuresome :-)
Happy Holidays!
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems

Specializing in multi-processor based business software environments!