[ic] Install HELP!!!!!

Monte interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 30 12:22:00 2001

Yes I have it in it's own directory if you look you can see I did a ls
command that listed all the dirs and then a cd to interchange_4.8.3 then ran
./configure

Something has to be screwy in the Makefile.PL I have looked it over and see
where it is getting caught in the loop at, but I do not know perl well
enough to fix it.

Is there a version of 4.8.2 I can download somewhere maybe this is a bug in
4.8.3.
Or is there a way to configure this by hand? If so where could I find the
instructions at?

Sorry Rene here is more info.

Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf)
Kernel 2.2.19-6.2.1ensim-3.0.0-49 on an i686
/home/monte
bash-2.04$ cd /home/monte
bash-2.04$ ls
_uid               interchange-4.8.3.tar.gz  mainwebsite_html
interchange-4.8.3  mainwebsite_cgi
as you can see I have installed it in my dir as you suggested.
I run ./configure then here is what I get

Copyright 1996-2001 Red Hat, Inc. <interchange@redhat.com>

 Interchange was originally based on Vend 0.2 and 0.3
 Copyright 1995, 1996 Andrew M. Wilcox <awilcox@maine.com>

 Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
 See the file LICENSE for license information.

Found Perl 5.6.0 as /usr/bin/perl

If you get a CPAN error, rerun the configuration and it should go away.

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good

 Interchange V4.8.3

  Copyright (C) 1996-2001 Red Hat, Inc. <interchange@redhat.com>

 Interchange is free under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

Where is your Interchange to be installed? /home/monte/interchange
Can't install in software source directory!
Where is your Interchange to be installed?

I then get caught into this loop and not matter what path I seem to give it
I get this error message.

I have also tried to install on the root and get this same error. I have a
private server that I lease and this is the main account I want to install
it to on this server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Monte
http://techarkservices.net