[ic] Re: Search: unique not working - for me either. Thanks for tip.

Martin Abell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 30 18:58:01 2001

Thanks Mike.  That works fine.

> Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:17:36 -0500
> From: Mike Heins <mheins@redhat.com>
> To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
> Subject: Re: [ic] Search: unique not working - for me either
> Quoting Martin Abell (abellmt@spsp.net):
>> I saw several comments about trouble with the mv_unique, and thought I'd add
>> my experience (Interchange version 4.8.1).  I had the following code for an
>> in-page search:
>>
>> [search-region
>>     prefix=subcats
>>     search="
>>     fi=products
>>     st=db
>>     sf=category
>>     se=[scratch catgy]
>>     rf=subcategory
>>     un=1
>>     tf=subcategory
>>     "]
>> [search-list]
>> Subcategory: [subcats-field subcategory]
>> [/search-list]
>> [/search-region]
>>
>> Based on the data I was searching and the number of times the word
>> "Subcategory:" would display from within the search-list, I was sure the
>> search definition was OK.  But the name of the subcategory WOULD NOT
>> DISPLAY.
>
> This is an FAQ. You wanted [subcats-param subcategory] -- subcats-field
> is pretty meaningless in this context, as you don't have the SKU in
> the return fields.

(Didn't notice "[prefix-param ...]" in the old docs I typically use.  I see
now that it is mentioned in the docs (REFERENCE GUIDE) that I paid Red Hat
real bucks for, but not sure I could figure it out from that either.)

Martin Abell
SpeedSpan