[ic] IE caching problems?

Ron Phipps rphipps@reliant-solutions.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 01:47:09 -0800

Hey all,

Were about a day away from launching our site, woohoo!  We've got a few bugs
left to pound out, one of which is a bug caused by caching problems in IE.
Now I haven't seen this bug on any of my clients other systems but it is
apparent on the new site.  I've been reading up on MS about problems with
the NoCache header and Meta tags.  The solution was to place another HEAD at
the bottom of the html file however these tags are ignored in IE 4 and 5.
The next solution was to use ASP code to do response.writes however IC is
running on Apache.  Has anyone ran into this problem and how did you solve
it?  Thanks!

-Ron