[ic] Subcategory Help?

Gina K. Anderson gina@sitediva.com
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:46:12 -0500

Hi all,

Just figuring out Interchange, and have run into a couple of snags with
subcategories.

First, is it possible to have subcategories with the same name in different main
categories? For example:

Dog Products
	-Food
	-Cages

Cat products
	-Food
	-Cages

etc?

I tried the category=D_Food, and category=C_Food to try and separate, but the
names that display in the "adding items" UI just have two "Food" categories.
It's hard to tell which is dog food, and which is cat food ;) I have a client
who will be using the store once I figure it out, and she wants the organization
this way, she will be adding items herself later, and needs to know which
subcategory she is adding to.

Secondly, when I do add subcategories, they show up in "construct something"
demo store, but they don't show up in the list of subcategories in the "Add
Item" UI. I tried applying changes, but it didn't solve anything.

Any guidance?

Thanks,
Gina