[ic] Subcategory Help?

John Beima jbeima@reality.palb.com
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 10:09:28 -0700 (MST)

G'Day Gina,

The reason your new categories are not showing up anywhere is Interchange does
the search based on the txt file, and not the db file. So after you make any
changes or additions to the area & cat database you must make sure you have
exprted the db files. The simple way is to re-edit your new entry and click the
update button at the bottom of the page making sure the auto-export is clicked.

Now the reason it doesn't show up in the item editor is that it does a quick
look up in the products field for all of the categories that have been assigned
to products. Thus ignoring unsed ones in the cat database.

The fix for this is as follows:

1) Start editing any item.
2) Right under the Category label you will see a small blue hyper link labeled
meta click on it.
3) Make sure the first entry in the meta screen "Table::Column" says
"products::category".
4) Change the widget type to "Select Box".
5) Filters shoulld have "--add--" in the left box and "nullselect" in the right.
6) Lookup select shoudl be "name".
7) Lookup table should be "cat".
8) Pre-Filter shoudl be "nullselect".
9) Press "Ok" at the bottom with "Auto-Export" enabled.
10) Apple the changes to the server.

Then all your categories will be active.

Also you can name your categories "Dog Food" or "Cat Food". There can be spaces
in the name...

John Beima