[ic] Subcategory Help?

Gina K. Anderson gina@sitediva.com
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:43:53 -0500

John,

|NOOO!!!
|You should be in Admin - Tables - Cat or Admin - Tables - Area...
|The left side is database driven...

<grin> okay, I went to Admin-Tables-Cat, and checked on these records:

  1007 1007 Food   name     simple  products   category=Dog_Food
  1008 1008 Food   name     simple  products   category=Cat_Food

Then made sure and clicked the "Edit Checked Records in Sequence", each record
came up in turn, and clicked the "OK" button with the auto export checked. Then
I hit "Apply Changes" at bottom of page. BTW, I do get this every single time I
hit that:

Reconfiguring catalog: ...
please wait...
please wait...
please wait...
please wait...
please wait...
WARNING: Reconfiguration may have timed out.
Last config: Thu Feb 8 14:39:28 2001 (return)

When I get to the "Add new Item" page in the UI, I *still* have only one "Food"
category to pick from. Now that we got that straightened out, how to I sort the
items?

Wanna come to my house? I'll fix you dinner.

Gina

|Quoting "Gina K. Anderson" <gina@sitediva.com>:
|
|> John,
|>
|> Either I'm blind, or we're talking about different areas where this
|> auto-export
|> checkbox is supposed to be ;) I'm in the Design>SiteLayout when I
|> edit/add/delete Categories. The page says:
|>
|> Layout Editor: Organize your site into categories
|>
|> And I *don't* see any auto export checkmark. I looked at the akopia demo
|> and
|> didn't see it there either, so obviously we are talking about two
|> different
|> areas where you can edit categories, LOL! So which area am I supposed to
|> be in
|> for this procedure:
|>
|> |The reason your new categories are not showing up anywhere is
|> Interchange does
|> |the search based on the txt file, and not the db file. So after you
|> make any
|> |changes or additions to the area & cat database you must make sure you
|> have
|> |exprted the db files. The simple way is to re-edit your new entry and
|> |click the update button at the bottom of the page making sure the
|> |auto-export is clicked.
|>
|> I can take a screen shot of my SiteLayout area, if you can write me
|> offlist with
|> your email address. Mine is ginakra@mail.com.
|>
|> Thanks so much,
|> Gina

|> |
|> |
|> |You have gone too far down... It should be right at the bottom of the
|> |record you
|> |are editing. The button may even just say OK. The tick box for
|> auto-export
|> |should be right next to it...
|> |
|> |Then for one added safety sake, when you are done your changes for that
|> |day/morning... Use the apply changes button at the very bottom of the
|> screen.
|> |
|> |John
|> |