[ic] Emailing customer of status

Scott Goodman scott@searchbc.com
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 16:42:03 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to automatically send email to a customer
if the status of an order is changed in the back-end. I am mainly
concerned with 'shipped' orders at this point.

Question: is the customer supposed to receive an email when you click on
"Ship checked order, send email to customer if appropriate"? An email is
never sent out, so either this isn't an "appropriate" time, or something
is broken. My guess leans towards broken, but I'm not sure what to
check, or where. Customers receive the email receipt fine.

Scott