[ic] Minor issue with makecat

Greg Gaskill g.gaskill@aboron.com
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 19:56:48 -0500

I have been setting up 2 catalogs using interchange 4.6.1
and noticed a strange behavior when adding any catalogs
after the first one.

At the end of the setup after the part where makecat says:

'Database "test_construct" created.
done.
Moving link program to /usr/local/www/cgi-bin/simple
...done.
*Copying share/ files to /usr/local/www/data/first_catalog
...done.
Moving HTML files to /usr/local/www/data/this_catalog/simple
...done.

The share files always get re-copied into the first directory
I ever installed a catalog into, but everthing else goes where
it should.  And to make it work I have to copy the akopia
directory from the 'first_catalog' directory to the 'this_catalog'
directory.  This isn't hard, but what if the ui isn't the same?
Then my first UI will get mashed.

This is not a problem for me since my first install was only
for testing and isn't being used any longer.

I'm not good enough with perl or interchange to track the
file copying section down.  What confuses me is that, at no
time, during makecat do I enter the 'first_catalog' directory.

Thanks,
Greg