[ic] Accessing MySQL tables other than the default 'products' table using the search tag

Stefan Hornburg racke@linuxia.de
10 Feb 2001 11:37:46 +0100

Dan B <db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net> writes:

> > > Here is our table/db setup in our catalog.cfg:
> > >
> > > Database        products        products.sql    dbi:mysql:interchange
> > > Database        products        USER    <mysql user>
> > > Database        products        PASS    <mysql password>
> > >
> > > Database        product_detail        product_detail.sql
> > > dbi:mysql:interchange
> > > Database        product_detail        USER    <mysql user>
> > > Database        product_detail        PASS    <mysql password>
> > >
> > > Another quick question, is this the only to declare tables (from the same
> > > database) for Interchange?  Hoping to see if there is a better way to do
> > > this.
> >
> >Yes, AFAIK. Suggestions for improvements ?
>
> Script to automatically generate dbconf/pgsql/xyz.pgsql file from an
> existing table/database.  That would be going from SQL->IC.  (I understand
> that IC already has the ability to generate IC->SQL commands?)

Do you need this really ? Specify NoImport for the table in question
and you should be for it except some sidecases.

> How does one get interchange to generate the SQL "CREATE TABLE..." commands
> from the above db configuration?  (It seems that the demo catalogs build
> their dbs automatically, but I can't seem to make my own db's build
> automatically).  I have to manually CREATE TABLE... *and* put the data into
> a dbconf/pgsql/table.pgsql file.

See above.

Feel free to ask again if my answer doesn't satisfy you.

Ciao
        Racke

--
LinuXia Systems && Cobolt NetServices, eCommerce and more
Shop- und Datenbanklösungen mit MiniVend, Firewalls auf Debian-Basis