[ic] Emailing customer of status

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
10 Feb 2001 16:54:35 -0500

cfm@maine.com writes:

> On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 12:56:14PM -0800, Scott Goodman wrote:

> > I'm trying to figure out why the email isn;t going out, even
> > though IC reports "Email copy sent to someone@somewhere.com".
>
> I can't help with that.  Tell us what the logs show and
> maybe someone else can.

If it's just a case of mail not going out, sendmail logs might be
interesting too (assuming you're running sendmail).  That's where I
would start looking.  Does the mail hit sendmail?  If you can see
sendmail get it, then it is a sendmail configuration issue as to why
it doesn't get delivered.  If sendmail doesn't get it, then it is an
IC issue as to why the mail wasn't generated.  My guess is that this
is a sendmail issue.  (I'm guessing based on which setup is easier to
screw up not on any actual information included.)
--
(__) Doug Alcorn <doug@lathi.net> http://www.lathi.net chat:lathinet@yahoo|aol
oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543