[ic] Tracking previous prices of items on promotion?

Paul Du Bois paul@dotz.co.za
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:14:56 +0200

Hi list

OK so I'm a Perl dude, whos been playing with Interchange for the last few
months, and here's a problem for you all:

I've got a client who wants his storefront to display the specials in a kind
of "Was $xx, now $yy" format.  That means that I've got to track the old
price somehow.  The only way I see clear is by getting clever with the
current item fields, and pasting the old price into say long description
(making sure long desc. contains only the price), changing the actual price
field to the new price, and then using some MML to get it to display nicely.

Before I go ahead with this detour, anyone got a shortcut that does not
involve me having to recode half of IC?

Thanks