[ic] thorny shipping problem

Guido Sohne caught_one@yahoo.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:08:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm trying to configure shipping calculations in Interchange to differ
from product to product. Products are divided into classes (six
initially). Each class of product has a different shipping calculation
that corresponds to a shipping method in Interchange.

I can add a field to the products table that specifies the class of the
product but how do I tell Interchange to sum up the weight of products,
keeping them separated along class lines, apply the appropriate
shipping calculation (by weight) to each sum and finally sum up these
totals to arrive at a final shipping cost ?

Any ideas from the gurus ?