[ic] Double taxes

Philippe Roche allosteric@videotron.ca
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:03:02 -0400

Hi,

I have a problem with the two sales tax in canada/Quebec(ontario ..etc...)
I've read the announce concerning this problem and find this:
This one comes up often enough that we need an FAQ. You need
to use the mv_handling feature.

In shipping.asc:

gst   GST   [subtotal noformat=1]  0    99999999    x .07
pst   PST   [subtotal noformat=1] [value state]   0    0    0
pst   PST for Alberta AB   0    99999999    x .075
pst   PST for Ontario ON   0    99999999    x .08
etc.
pst   No PST     0    99999999    0

GST is always applied, but PST can be geographically qualified
on province. The first line just sets up the geographic qualification.

Now just set:

    [value name=mv_handling set="gst pst" hide=1]

somewhere at the top of the checkout page.

Finally:

    GST: [shipping gst]
    PST: [shipping pst]

All of this requires a reconfig of the catalog, of course. And the
state qualification may not work for you, as I happen to know that
Canada can do some funny things with PST exemptions based on postal
code. There you should have a custom usertag to calculate your PST
percentage.

The problem is that it doesnt work with the interchange version(this
solution, i think, is for minivend)...
Did someone solve this problem with interchange...when i try this solution,
i've got a error message like this: no definition for PST&GST put 0,00$

Thank you very much for your help!

Philippe Roche
Molecular biologist
Uqm, QC, CA