[ic] *** Keeping CGI Parameters with [more] tag ***

Stefan Hornburg racke@linuxia.de
16 Feb 2001 13:39:54 +0100

Marc Aubert <maubert@swisscenter.ch> writes:

> Hello minivenders !
>
> Our project is completely blocked by the following :
>
> When launching a search, our Interchange system sets a lot of CGI
> parameters (eg. item with OR without picture, item with OR without
> PFD file, etc.).
>
> With the first page of results, no problem, we can display - on the
> result page - a 'summary' of the search (based on the CGI parameters
> : checkbox for the picture status, checkbox for the PDF status, etc.).
>
> As soon as we access the [more] tag to access the next page of
> results, we loose the CGI parameters and the 'summary' of the search
> cannot displayed anymore.

Put the CGI parameters into scratch space and display the summary
based on that. Sth like that

[perl]
# stop if we are on a next page
return if ... # look for the CGI parameter
# record CGI parameters
for ('foo', 'bar') {
    $Scratch->{$_} = $CGI->{$_};
}
[/perl]

Ciao
        Racke

--
LinuXia Systems && Cobolt NetServices, eCommerce and more
Shop- und Datenbanklösungen mit MiniVend, Firewalls auf Debian-Basis