[ic] Re : Tracking previous prices of items on promotion?

Curt Hauge chc@mninter.net
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:18:21 -0600

I am not sure of all the processes involved with actually completing an order, I was merely suggesting a possible solution.  The more I think about it, the more I realize that [item-price] seems to be tied heavily to IC. Yes, you could display sale prices, but I am not sure if basket.html and checkout.html will work properly. Any other opinions, anyone? I do think it would be less work updating sale prices if you had a separate sale_field and a date that the sale ends (and perhaps a sale_start date too).  I will add this to the 'feature wish list' at Akopia.com as well. Good luck.

Curt Hauge

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Paul Du
Bois
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 2:04 AM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: [ic] Re : Tracking previous prices of items on promotion?

Thanks Curt, I appreciate the help.  Adding a field is a good idea, but I'm
just wondering how 'dangerous' is that?  Which script do I edit to add it
in, and will I compromise the system?  I guess I would have to alter the
products MySQL table too.  Basically I'm scared of messing up my IC install.

Any pointers before I jump in?

Paul Du Bois