[ic] item_edit.html Can't setup new products!!!!

Chet Pressler chet@pressler.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:13:19 -0800

I wanted to add a manufacturer to my products so I did the following

1) Add column in database product table

# mysql
mysql> use <my dbase name> ( fill in if you are using a database)
mysql> ALTER products ADD mfg VARCHAR(20);
mysql> quit

2) Modify variable.txt. I added the mfg field after weight

UI_ITEM_FIELDS  sku description category price image display comment size
color weight mfg      Item display

3) Add New Entry into mv_metadata ( via Admin Tables interface)

Name                    Type    Width   Label
products:mfg            Text    30      Manufacturer

I did not have to move or change the item_edit.html to the pages/admin
directory in my catalog

The next time I did an item edit the field was available to change. After
saving the database show the value in the row.

Hope this sheds some light.